Friday, February 6, 2015

Hold the Hormones Please

It's been a week since I deactivated my FB account. J. is now fully running the business page, so I don't even have that responsibility. Woo! Frodo says that I mention "Now that I am off Facebook..." about as much as he mentions, "Now that I am 18..." Ha! I don't believe I do, but now that I am off Facebook, I feel so free. ;) Probably freer than he does being 18 and still having over a year of high school left.
The 80s Big Hair, Big Glasses and Big Hormones!

Speaking of being 18, I did a bit of time traveling this week. I became an awkward hormonal teen-ager, a less awkward but more hormonal 20 year old, found a Swede on the internet, had a baby and a large dish of hormones with a side of hormones and a big slice of hormonal pie for dessert. Boy was I a mess!

No Tardises (Tardi?) were involved, instead my weekly decluttering session found me with a pile of old diaries, photos and letters. And afterwards I fell in love with my husband all over again (and told him so)! Someone give this guy a lifetime achievement award for "Surviving Hurricane LeeLee." I still have my moments but, thank you Jesus, knock on wood, throw a pinch of salt, do a little dance (make-a-little-love-get-down-tonight), my hormonal drama is nothing like it used to be.

Now that I think about it, the disappearance of my hormonal outbursts coincided with Frodo's entrance into puberty. Fortunate Coincidence or Divine Intervention? We may never know. But even though Frodo is only a Severe Thunderstorm Watch compared to Hurricane LeeLee, the world (nor the King) would ever survive our double deluxe bacon hormonal cheeseburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment