Monday, March 2, 2015

Chicken Tikka Masala with Naan Bread - Allergy Free!

I've had a hard time lately with the cravings. It's been 6 weeks now that I've been gluten, milk, egg, soy, nut/peanut and fish/shellfish free. 6 weeks to go until I can begin to reintroduce the groups one at a time. See this post for the WHY of what I am doing.

When I first began, I couldn't imagine what I would possible eat, and while some days I get rather sick of rice chex and rice milk, or rice cakes and sun-butter, other days are surprisingly decadent! This was one of those days.

Chicken Tikka Masal with Naan Bread!
The original recipes are here and here.
I substituted coconut yogurt where it called for regular yogurt, egg replacer for eggs. Also instead of using any fat to "fry" my naan in, I did it in a dry hot skillet.

1 comment:

  1. So, how are you feeling without all of the possible allergens gone? --Tersa

    ReplyDelete