Thursday, January 29, 2015

Eliminate the Negative

I am giddy with excitement because I am about to deactivate my facebook account. It feels akin to shedding all of my outerwear after walking outside in the cold.. It was necessary, and comfortable, but after awhile it becomes cumbersome. Then I start to sweat and itch and oh sweet relief when I am able to disrobe, wrap myself in a fuzzy blanket and curl up with a good book.

I've taken breaks before, but there are always those who say, "You have to go check out what she said on FB." or "Just log in and look at their vacation photos." With deactivation, there will be no logging in. The heavy coat, scarf, gloves, and boots will be packed away in the attic and I will run barefoot and carefree across the lawn.

Okay, so what is so bad about facebook? Nothing. Facebook can be an awesome tool. The problem lies within my reaction to Facebook. When 20 seconds of scrolling through my news feed leaves me depressed for half a day, there is a problem. When there are people I genuinely like in "real life" whose posts on FB make me want to push them in a lake, there is a problem. When I have 30 seconds of free time at a red light and my first action is to tap the app, there is a problem.

I will miss certain people, but will hopefully be able to keep in touch with non-locals through email and text. And if you just can't live without your daily fix of my wordy wordiness, bookmark my blog and stalk me!



10 comments:

  1. Marjorie Corbett29 January, 2015 12:12

    Wow Leslie, I will miss you but will continue to follow you here :) Best of luck!

    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs Marjorie! Thanks for the follow! Hope you're commute is getting a bit easier now.

      Delete
  2. You go girl, smart choice! Will read you here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! It's all part of my Mission: Declutter 2015! :)

      Delete
  3. well ok then :) momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not brave enough to totally deactivate my account, but I cut back to checking it only twice a day and scrolling really quickly when I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hesitation was I didn't want to lose access to all of my photos and such, and I worried that the business page would be affected. But I found that you can download all of your info to your computer before deactivation. And the business page is still there, yay! Jayla will run it!

      Delete
  5. I will be staling you XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Jessie! Another Stalker! Faceless Snails Unite! :)

      Delete